Sheriff B. Phil Howell reports the arrest of 51 year old Mason Christopher Harris of West Jefferson.
The Narcotics Unit for the Ashe County Sheriff’s Office completed a 2 month investigation into tips of illegal drugs being sold out of the West Jefferson business, Joy of Vaping.
Mason Harris was charged with 15 offenses including:
• Four counts of Possession of Marijuana with the Intent to Sell and Deliver
• One count of Felony Possession of Marijuana
• Three counts of Selling Marijuana
• Three counts of Delivering Marijuana
• One count of Maintaining a Dwelling/Business for Distribution of a Controlled Substance
• Three counts of Simple Possession of Marijuana
The investigation led to a seizure of approximately one and a half pounds of marijuana which has the approximate street value of $6,800. Narcotics Detectives also seized a 9mm handgun and over $2,500 in cash. All undercover purchases were completed inside the business and directly with Mr. Harris.
Harris was held in the Ashe County Detention Center under a $100,000 secured bond. As of this afternoon, Harris has been released after making bond.