Boccardy Arrested for Cocaine, Methamphetamine
and Trafficking in Marijuana
CRESTON, N.C. – Sheriff B. Phil Howell announces the arrest of Joseph
Anthony Boccardy of Ashe County.
On September 29, 2021 detectives with the Ashe County
Sheriff’s office along with the NC SBI conducted an
investigation at the home of Joseph Boccardy.
Upon arrival detectives located cocaine, methamphetamine,
psilocybin mushrooms, large amount of marijuana and
marijuana extract, scheduled pills, large amount of drug
paraphernalia, and items used to manufacture marijuana.
All items were seized and held by the Ashe County Sheriff’s Office.
Boccardy was not able to provide any documentation or records in which he
legally manufactured and sold
cannabis in conjunction with
North Carolina State laws and
regulations. Boccardy was
transported to the Ashe County
Detention Center where he was
charged with violations of
applicable North Carolina State Statutes.
Joseph Anthony Boccardy – Age 51 of Creston, NC
• Possession of Cocaine
• Possession of Methamphetamine
• 2 Counts of Possession of a Schedule I Controlled Substance
• Trafficking Marijuana by Manufacture more than 10lbs but less than 50lbs.
• Trafficking Marijuana by Possession more than 10lbs but less than 50lbs.
• Simple Possession of Schedule IV
• Possession of Drug/Marijuana Paraphernalia
• Felony Maintaining a Dwelling
Boccardys bond was set at $103,500 and he was released from the Ashe County
Detention Center on September 30th, 2021 after posting bond