Fall Sports Update – 8/7/2020
After receiving news from the NCHSAA yesterday that the start date for Fall sports had been delayed beyond September 1st, Ashe County Schools has postponed all athletic conditioning sessions until further notice. This was a very difficult decision to make, however our priority remains being able to safely start school under Plan B on August 17th.
We understand the value of educational based athletics and will continue to make plans to play sports this upcoming school year; however, the health and safety of all participants will remain a top priority for our district. Until then, we are expecting an announcement regarding a calendar for playing all sports this school year from the NCHSAA by August 17th once the NCHSAA Staff and Board of Directors have reviewed all of the available options.
During this time, all of our athletic facilities will remain closed to the public. Again we ask for your continued patience and understanding as we navigate through these challenging times.
David Koontz, CAA
Assistant Principal/Athletic Director
Ashe County High School