Update on the latest sports
Gonzaga and Saint Mary’s both play in tournament semifinals
LAS VEGAS (AP) – Top-ranked Gonzaga and number-19 Saint Mary’s are each in action tonight in the semifinals of the West Coast Conference tournament in Las Vegas.
Gonzaga plays San Francisco, before Saint Mary’s takes on Santa Clara.
It’s the first game for both ranked teams since Saint Mary’s upset the Bulldogs, 67-57, more than a week ago to prevent Gonzaga from completing another undefeated run in the conference. That win gave Saint Mary’s its first perfect record at home.
Houston at Miami
MIAMI (AP) – After winning 11 of their last 13, the Miami Heat have opened up a three-game lead over Philadelphia in the NBA’s Eastern Conference. And when they host the Houston Rockets tonight, Miami could be joined by Victor Oladipo, a two-time All-Star who hasn’t played in nearly a year. He’s been recovering from a second surgery on his right quadriceps tendon, which he originally injured while playing for the Indiana Pacers in January 2019.
Also on the NBA schedule:
– The 76ers, who saw a five-game winning streak ended by Miami over the weekend, are at home against the Chicago Bulls.
– The Golden State Warriors have lost four straight, but still hold the second-best record in the NBA as they travel to Denver to play the Nuggets.
– The Dallas Mavericks are winners of five straight games heading into tonight’s matchup at home against the Utah Jazz.
– The Los Angeles Lakers – who snapped a four-game losing streak over the weekend by beating Golden State with the help of 56 points from LeBron James – visit the Spurs in San Antonio.
– The Atlanta Hawks play the Pistons in Detroit. The Portland Trail Blazers visit the Timberwolves. And the Sacramento Kings host the Knicks.
Flames host Edmonton
CALGARY, Alberta (AP) – The Calgary Flames are 13-1-and-1 over their last 15 games, and are coming off of an overtime win over Colorado as they start a four-game homestand tonight against Edmonton.
Colorado, meanwhile, begins a three-game road trip in New York against the Islanders.
The Florida Panthers head out on the road; their first stop is Buffalo tonight.
The surging Boston Bruins, winners of seven of their last eight, are at home against Los Angeles. The Bruins are three points ahead of Washington for the top wild card and seventh seed in the Eastern Conference playoffs.
And the Toronto Blue Jays are in Columbus to play the Blue Jackets.