AP Entertainment

AP Sports
June 11, 2021
James Brian Baker
June 11, 2021
AP Entertainment

 

 

Entertainment:

 

“JEOPARDY” HOST SEARCH CONTINUES
LOS ANGELES (AP) – It’s a question that has lingered since we learned Alex Trebek had died: who would replace him as “Jeopardy!” host? While contestants on the game show have just moments to give responses, producers are taking their time providing their answer. So far Mayim Bialik, Anderson Cooper, Katie Couric and ex-“Jeopardy!” champs Ken Jennings and Buzzy Cohen have taken turns filling in. But no clear front-runner has emerged. And there are still other hopefuls who have yet to audition. They include Robin Roberts, Dr. Sanjay Gupta and LeVar Burton.

 

JEFFREY TOOBIN RETURNS TO CNN AS LEGAL ANALYST
NEW YORK (AP) – It’s a much different look for Jeffrey Toobin than his ex-colleagues at The New Yorker got during a video conference meeting last year. And fortunately for the legal analyst, the “look” yesterday – was on the network where he’d been working. CNN has brought Toobin back, seven months after being fired from his magazine gig for pleasuring himself during a Zoom call with colleagues. Toobin was on yesterday to discuss legal issues in the news. But before he did, anchor Alyson Camerota asked him the question on everybody’s mind: “what the hell were you thinking?” Toobin replied, “Obviously, I wasn’t thinking very well or very much.”

 

MOBSTER SENTENCED IN RHONJ-RELATED CASE
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) – A reputed mobster who assaulted the then-boyfriend of a former “Real Housewives of New Jersey” cast member has been sentenced. John Perna will have to spend more than two years in federal prison. A judge in Newark, New Jersey also says Perna must pay $17,816 in restitution as part of the 30-month term handed down yesterday. Prosecutors say the former husband of “Housewives” cast member Dina Manzo hired Perna to assault Manzo’s then boyfriend. Perna pleaded guilty last year to committing a violent crime in the aid of racketeering activity.

 

JUDGE REJECTS EFFORT TO FORCE MLB TO RETURN ALL-STAR GAME TO ATLANTA
NEW YORK (AP) – A group of not-for-profit organizations has struck out in an effort to force Major League Baseball to move the All-Star Game back to Atlanta. A judge in New York says the suit failed to provide proof that any members of the group had suffered injury because of the decision to move the game. MLB yanked the game out of Atlanta after Georgia Republicans enacted a restrictive new voting law.