2 WEEK SEARCH ENDS WITH THE ARREST OF ALLEGHANY MALE WITH 10 FELONIES
JEFFERSON, N.C. – Sheriff B. Phil Howell announces the arrest of 42-year-old Derek
Nathanial Buttery of Sparta, NC, for several outstanding drug-related warrants
originating in Alleghany County.
Over the past several weeks, Sheriff Deputies dedicated countless hours attempting to apprehend a wanted subject from Alleghany County who was believed to be staying in Ashe County.
Sgt. Cox and deputies were patrolling the Grassy Creek area looking for the wanted Buttery subject when they made a positive identification. Deputies placed Buttery under arrest for his outstanding warrants.
Derek Nathanial Buttery of Sparta, N.C., was booked on the following charges at the Ashe County Detention Center,
transported to Alleghany County Detention Center, and held under a $250,000 secured bond.
• 2 Counts Felony Manufacture Methamphetamine
• 2 Counts Felony Possess Methamphetamine
• 2 Counts Felony PWIMSD Methamphetamine
• 2 Counts Felony Sell Methamphetamine
• 2 Counts Felony Deliver Methamphetamine
• DWLR Not Impaired REV
• Drive Allow MV No Registration